Sunday, October 17, 2010

Midterm Reflection


After studying 21st century media, I have learned how to evaluate media with a purpose using universal terms and ideas that can relate to advertising and marketing. During the first part of this class, I have learned that I am an extremely creative thinker who questions the media we are constantly exposed to.

If I could do one thing differently, I would have studied my power tools more at the beginning of the semester. Another hour studying and I could have avoided a few low scores.

One thing that that I would like to have seen differently is the use of the power grid earlier in the semester. The grid is where the all the power tools all come together, and are seen and used as a whole.

Everything I have learned in this class is very useful.

Power Tools: These are very useful because I can use them in my marketing and business classes.

Course Blog: An interesting medium for class work. Very nice to have access to all the class information we have reviewed / posted.

Films: The films we have viewed are very interesting and thought provoking. Great for reviewing the information we have learned thus far.

In-class quizzes: A nice way to start the class and review key knowledge.

Book: I love the book. Each chapter is formatted the same way and contains tons of useful pictures, charts and descriptions. It also offers an insightful look at mass media then and now.

1 comment:

  1. Useful reflections, Zach!

    Imagine if I had hit you with the power tools GRID the first week of class - you might have freaked out, yes?

    Ha.

    I've found that "layering" our use of the tools over time works best - my 2 cents.

    Onward and audeamus,

    Dr. W

    ReplyDelete